Developed by the ACLU of Louisiana and Louisiana Trans Advocates
According to the Williams Institute, 58% of Louisiana’s transgender population were at risk of facing barriers to voting in the 2020 presidential election. We have compiled some of the most common issues faced by transgender people at the polls, along with resources to help you vote comfortably and confidently in Louisiana.
Deadlines for rescheduled 2021 fall elections in Louisiana:
***The elections that would have been held on October 9 will now be held on November 13 and the general elections for run-offs that would have been held on November 13 will now be held on December 11.
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Oct. 13.
- The deadline to register to vote online is Oct. 23.
- Early voting is Oct. 30 through Nov. 6 (excluding Sunday, Oct. 31) from 8:30 AM – 6 PM.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Nov. 9 by 4:30 PM. You can request an absentee ballot online through the Secretary of State’s Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (excluding military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is Nov. 12 by 4:30 PM (other than military and overseas voters).
- Election Day is Nov. 13.