Developed by the ACLU of Louisiana and Louisiana Trans Advocates
According to the Williams Institute, 58% of Louisiana’s transgender population may face barriers to voting in the 2020 presidential election. We have compiled some of the most common issues faced by transgender people at the polls, along with resources to help you vote comfortably and confidently in Louisiana.
On March 20, 2021 Louisiana will hold special elections for the 2nd and 5th Congressional districts.
Dates and Deadlines:
- Deadline to register in person or by mail: February 17, 2021
- Deadline to register online: February 27, 2021
- Deadline to request an absentee ballot: March 16, 2021 at 4:30pm
- Early voting: March 6-13, 2021 from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. (excluding March 7, 2021).
- Election Day: March 20, 2021
Problems voting? Call the Election Protection Hotline: