Developed by the ACLU of Louisiana and Louisiana Trans Advocates
According to the Williams Institute, 58% of Louisiana’s transgender population were at risk of facing barriers to voting in the 2020 presidential election. We have compiled some of the most common issues faced by transgender people at the polls, along with resources to help you vote comfortably and confidently in Louisiana.
Deadlines for the December runoff election:
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Nov. 10.
- The deadline to register to vote online is Nov. 20.
- Early voting is Nov. 27 through Dec. 4 (excluding Sunday, Nov. 28) from 8:30 AM – 6 PM.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Dec. 7 by 4:30 PM. You can request an absentee ballot online through the Secretary of State’s Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (excluding military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is Dec. 10 by 4:30 PM (other than military and overseas voters).
- Election Day is Dec. 11.